Name : Subject : Biology -II Total Marks: 50
Course : CHAPTER 18 (T4) Date : 22/01/2020 Ob. Marks:
Q.1: Tick right option:(1x10=10)
- Photoperiod affects flowering when shoot meristems start producing:
- Lateral buds
- Floral buds
- Low-temperature treatment given to plants stimulates the production of vernalin which is actually the _ _ _ _ _.
- An example of an egg-laying mammal is:
- The duration of the gestation period in human females is usually?
- 270 days
- 330 days
- 380 days
- 290 days
- The ovary under the stimulus of FSH also produces a hormone i.e
- In plants elongation of cells is favored by which light.
- Plant hormone florigen is produced in:
- All of the following are short-day plants except
- Soya bean
- One of the following is not a method of asexual reproduction
- Which one is diploid in nature?
- Male prothallus
- Microspore mother cell
- Female prothallus
Q.No.2. Out of following short questions, (12×2=24)
- What are the advantages of photoperiodism and vernalisation?
- Explain the disease gonorrhea.
- How the oestrous cycle is different from the menstrual cycle?
- What are phytochromes?
- What is the difference between oogenesis and spermatogenesis in humans?
- What is climacteric & also gives its role?
- What is the ovoviviparous condition?
- What is haploid parthenogenesis?
- What are apomixes?
- What is the luteal phase?
- Attempt these questions (8×2=16)
Q# 3: (a) Explain the role of phytochromes in photoperiodism. (4)
(b) Explain the female reproductive cycle. (4)
Q# 4: (a) Define cloning. Write its significance and drawbacks. (4)
(b) Give a comprehensive comparison between sexual and asexual reproduction. (4)